Keeping important areas of your property clear is one of the most challenging parts of servicing snow accounts – and one of the most essential. We shovel walkways, fire hydrants, emergency exits, stairs, loading docks, generator areas, dumpsters, and any other specialty area you need to be readily available.
To make sure we get the job done right, Einstein’s invests time and money into people, training, and high-level equipment. We set our team up for success so that you receive comprehensive service you can trust. Our job is not complete until your walkways are thoroughly clear and safe for use.
Proper shoveling requires a detail-oriented approach and a large amount of labor. Without these two things, important areas may be overlooked. In addition, a strong, efficient chain of command must be employed to ensure that every priority area is sufficiently cleared. Without a chain of command that supports effective execution of the project, the result can be hazardous walkways that are unsafe for use.
We take our responsibility to clear your walkways and other important areas very seriously. Our comprehensive strategy allows us to address all aspects and details of your project – no area is left untreated. Some of the tactics we use include:
- Sufficient Labor: We bring in extra snow shoveling labor as needed for storms. We shift crews around so that there is more labor where the storm is producing the most or fastest snowfall. Shoveling crews are always kept on call and are brought in before the snowfall begins to pre-treat walkways and to prepare for when the weather hits.
- Client Communication: We work with our clients to know their hours of operation, peak times for walkway use, and priority areas so that we can keep on top of things even during extremely difficult weather events.
- In-Depth Sitemaps: We observe each site prior to snowfall to learn the most used doors, walks, and parking lots. We then develop a sitemap that breaks out priority areas so we know what to focus on during extreme events. We make sitemaps for each of the properties we service that color code and mark parking areas, walkways, doors, emergency exits, PIV valves, fire hydrants, and more.
- High-Level Organization: Supervisors manage shoveling crews throughout the project. Every crew has a copy of the sitemaps that serves as a checklist to make sure all areas are addressed. Managers also use these maps to check sites during final cleanup in order to ensure everything is complete before we leave the site.
- Sidewalk Equipment: As an added edge, we use snow blowers, snowrators, and ventracs on our clients’ properties. This equipment allows us to clear walkways with greater efficiency.
Einstein’s leaves nothing to chance when it comes to clearing your walkways. We equip our people with shovels, snow blowers, spreaders, snowrators, ventracs, and other sidewalk machines/RTVs to battle against fatigue and make walkway clearing faster and more efficient. Throughout the process, shoveling crews work closely with plow crews and all parties work under a site manager. This structured approach ensures that your site is clean, safe, and operational.